Thursday 14 January 2010

TINY OBSESSIONS - LONDON CLAY BIRDS

I spend an awful lot of time thinking about things I might like. Writing lists, browsing websites, thinking, dreaming. I don't buy I suppose it is just virtual window shopping.

I thought it might be nice to share some of these things.

I thought it might be nice to have a second blog.

But then I had another thought and I remembered something.

I remembered that I have a bad enough track record at updating one blog and that I probably shouldn't willingly double the number of things that I feel bad about not updating.

So, a compromise. Occasionally I'll tell you about something that I have fallen a little bit in love with. You'll ooh and aah (I hope) and then we can all go back to thinking about food. Deal?



Have you seen these birds? They were posted onto a few blogs and I was desperate to buy one for Chris for Christmas but they were all sold out. I didn't mention them to him and then, last week, I looked and saw that there were a few for sale. I chose this little round fat bird and he sits perfectly in the hand. He lives on a shelf alongside a small ceramic owl and two Rob Ryan tiles. That shelf makes me smile a lot.

(Photo by DHPainter)

3 comments:

Alicia Foodycat said...

So cute! And tactile - I want to touch it.

Anonymous said...

beautiful clay birds.
I think we are kindred spirits in the browsing and looking and yearning.
I hope you continue to use this space as you want and feel fit. Yours was one of the first blogs I really followed and so that kind of affection has blind faith.....
bloody cold in Rome, I think it is even colder in the UK.x

Gemma said...

Foodycat - they are so sweet and all modelled on the small garden birds that you find in London.

Rachel - your comment has put a massive smile on my face on this very cold and wet Saturday. Thank you.

Gemma x