Wednesday 1 April 2015

JUMPING IN


A year or so ago I had a conversation with a friend about writing, about magazines, about where we get our information, what's available, what's missing. I talked about Rookie and how good it is, and how right, and how awesome Tavi Gevinson is, and, how I thought there was room for a version for us, for women who wish Rookie had been around when they were teenagers. Of course, I thought 'that's an amazing idea, we should start that and it will be incredible' and in reality I did what I always do and popped it into the folder of unrealised ideas in my head and went to sit in an office to look at spreadsheets. Clearly I am not Tavi. But, thankfully, a group of women must have had a similar idea because yesterday they launched The Pool with music from John Hughes films and a Friday Night Lights recommendation. I like it already.

Speaking of which I was at home stuffed full of cold for the last two days and decided to finally start watching Nashville almost entirely because of my love for Tami Taylor. I'm now 10 episodes into season one and firmly hooked.

No comments: